Free Ebook (PDF) Download
Reported by Online Skin Care Researchers
The content provided on this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Consult a physician regarding the applicability of any information and recommendations with respect to your health condition.
Reproduction or republication is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
The Real Success Stories From Real People
Perhaps one of the most frustrating afflictions that affects people of all ages and from all walks of life is acne. It is an indiscriminate skin condition that is most commonly caused due to body’s natural production of an oil called sebum. When mixed with dead skin cells, excessive sebum can block the pores which can lead to cysts and acne. However, anyone interested in knowing how to get rid of acne should know that there are a number of “triggers” that can contribute to the cause of the problem.
Common Triggers of Acne
There are many different types of acne, all of which will be explained on this site, and many triggers as a result. Perhaps the most common trigger of acne found in teenagers is hormonal imbalance - mostly due to an increased level of testosterone in both sexes. Other triggers to name a few include excessive sweat, bad hygiene, tight fitting clothing, a lack of exercise, poor diet and even stress. In light of a couple of these points, knowing how to get rid of acne may be as simple as improving your diet and exercising regularly.
Our Goal is to Help People Get Rid of Acne for Good
With so many remedies and treatments on the market, many people neglect the root cause of the problem. Our goal is to help acne sufferers discover this root cause so that treatment can be approached from more than one angle, with a permanent goal in mind. It has happened to the best of us, a giant spot on your nose a day before a holiday trip abroad, a couple of pimples near your mouth before an exciting date, or body acne that can make gym sessions embarrassing. Just know that you are not alone and that there is a way to get rid of acne for good.
10 Common Home Remedies for Acne
1. Baking soda and water can be used to make a topical paste to treat acne.
2. Apple cider vinegar is an antibacterial that can be diluted with water and applied to acne with cotton swabs.
3. Aloe Vera is one of the most popular home remedies for acne.
4. Epsom salt is a mineral compound that can help fight acne when used in a bath.
5. Tee tree oil, diluted to prevent burning, is a great antifungal antibiotic that can be used to treat acne.
6. Lemon and orange peel is an old favorite and can be crushed with water and flour to make a face scrub.
7. Oatmeal and honey can be cooked and mixed to create a 20 minute mask to treat acne.
8. Green tea can be ingested or applied directly to the skin to help treat acne.
9. Chamomile tea is another treatment that can be applied directly to the skin.
10. Toothpaste is perhaps one favorite home remedy that can be applied to the acne for 30 minutes at a time.
Don’t Forget the Over-the-Counter (OTC) Products
Anyone who wants to know how to get rid of acne also has a choice in OTC products that can be purchased from a nearby pharmacy. These include soaps for sensitive skin, as well as topical ointments and creams. Just make sure that any product specific for acne contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
Whatever type of acne you suffer from and whatever your age, we are here to help you treat the symptoms and the cause. Remember that the best treatment is a well rounded approach that tackles your health first of all and the actual acne outbreak second. Choose a treatment that sounds best for you, and if after a given time it doesn’t work, try something else.